This course would make an excellent gift for the aspiring baker in your family circle, whether an older baker or a young new baker.
- Bake a loaf of real sourdough bread and amaze your family and friends.
- Know what an autolyse is and why it is used in bread baking.
- How to mix and fold dough a gentle method of developing gluten which does not entail kneading.
- Have an easy method of baking with steam in your own home oven.
- Know how to shape a boule (round loaf) and a batard (long oval loaf).
- How to handle sticky, wet dough.
- Why a long cool ferment is beneficial to your digestion and your overall health
INSTRUCTOR: Sarah Lord is an experienced Chef and Baker based in New Denver, BC. She has baked at scratch bakeries and cooked at farm-to-table restaurants. She learned the science and practice of Sourdough making while studying Artisanal Culinary Arts in London Ontario. She was especially inspired by a learning experience at an organic farm that used horse-power ground wheat to make sourdough. She believes that sourdough-making can be accessible to everybody.